The performance of a PC is determined with its speed of operation. When a PC slows down, it is quite obvious that the user would be facing a number of problems in using the computer. One of the major problems faced would be with the Microsoft Office Suites. When a computer slows down, automatically the performance of its associated software would go down. Even tasks like browsing the internet would become a big problem for the computer users. Thus every computer user must know how to speed up his or her PC in order to ensure optimum performance for the users. Suffering from PC slowdown problems?
Well here are a few tips that might just be very helpful for you
- Put a brake on all the unnecessary background processes running in the computer: the left side of the task bar displays the partially running or fully running programs in the computer. Be it partially running or fully running, they put an impact on the overall performance of the computer processor and memory. Thus stopping all unnecessary programs would enhance the processing speed and memory allocation.
- Go to the Start Menu and follow the steps: Start > Run > type in “MSCONFIG” and click OK.
- Switch off any additional desktop features that enhance the looks or appearance of the computer. For example in Windows XP, right clicking on the My Computer would display the properties tab which would lead the user to Advanced Tab>Settings> Performance Section
From the performance options dialogue > Click on Adjust for best performance
- Clear the Recycle bean after checking the files and folders present in the system.
- Go for a disk fragmentation in order to incorporate proper disk space sharing among the users.
- Install the latest software tools in the computer to keep malicious files at bay.